Muslim Women and Young Peoples Organisation (MWYPO) is a women’s committee based at Madina Masjid. We are a committee who are committed to providing accessible opportunities for the women in our community.
Our aim is to include and empower the women attending our Masjid as well as women from the wider community. We provide a range of ongoing events, activities and opportunities throughout the year.
The main committee consists of voluntary members, who plan and organise the above mentioned opportunities for the community. The details of these opportunities can be found under our three sub-committee headings:
· Organise and run monthly and annual khatam’s and Milaads.
· We organise and perform ghusl for funerals where required.
· We run duas and khatams with members of the community where there is a need.
Education and Youth sub-committee
· Plan and run educational seminars, Islamic talks by females scholars and training regularly.
· We deliver a well-attended funeral training regularly at the masjid, as well as to other masjids and communities. This is carried out in conjunction with the Dua committee.
· Daily Quran classes with Islamic teachings are run for children from 5-18 year olds.
· We run weekly evening halaqas/Islamic study circles for the young girls. i.e. Tuesdays for junior & Friday for senior girls.
· We organise and successfully run social events throughout the year for the women and young people in our community, this promotes promoting social inclusion and unity.
· We also run regular fun, social gatherings that fulfil the needs of our women and youth members. i.e. Chai nights held fortnightly for women over 60 years old; An annual Mother’s Day events at an outside location; Eid-ul-Fitr women and childrens party